Are you planning to visit Toulouse, a must-see city in Occitania? You will find my TOP of the best places to walk, take photos to visit Toulouse!
My top 10 for visiting Toulouse:
1. Port de la Daurade and the dome of La Grave hospital to watch the sunset
2. Port Viguerie to admire a sunrise
3. Place du Capitole, the Donjon du Capitole, the Salle des Illustres
4. Old Toulouse: Carmes, Esquirol, chalets
6. The Canal du Midi , the Canal de Brienne, Port Saint-Sauveur, Port de l’embouchure
7. Visit a few parks and gardens : Japanese garden, royal garden, and botanical garden
8. Visit Pech David
10. Bonus – Go for a coffee at Ma Biche on the Roof
The most photographed place in Toulouse is the La Grave hospital and its dome.
You can observe them from the quays of Tounis or from the port of La Daurade. The place is perfect for admiring the sunset, taking a walk, or having a picnic with friends. If the weather is nice, this is obviously the ideal place to meet other Toulouse photographers! If you like to get up early, you can watch the sunrises from Port Viguerie, on the other side of the Garonne.
When visiting Toulouse, it is essential to stop and admire the Place du Capitole as well as the Donjon du Capitole in which you will find the tourist office. The town hall of the Capitol, and the hall of the illustrious deserve to stop at this place. The Salles des Illustres is where weddings in Toulouse are held.